With her background in political campaigns, PACs, non-profits, and organizing Atima has been a frequent speaker and trainer on political participation and leadership for women, people of color, and youth. She has spoken on women in political leadership, running for office, reproductive rights & justice and how gender and race are reflected in popular culture and given trainings on political organizing and fundraising to a variety of PACs and organizations including but not limited to: the Women & Politics Institute at American University, Netroots Nation, the National Organization for Women, the Junior League, Running Start, the National Urban League, and the Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda.
Some specific examples of what Atima has done over the last two years:
- Was a co-panelist on reproductive justice and youth activism at 2013 Netroots Nation
- Organized a screening of “After Tiller” and spoke on a panel at a post-screening discussion at West End Cinema in Washington DC in 2014.
- Gave a keynote on the importance of young black civic engagement at the 2014 National Urban League Conference
- Presented on the history of contraception and black women to the Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda (image below)
- Moderated panels, gave speeches around the country as Vice President and President of the Young Democrats of America.
- Spoke 2014 & 2015 panels about running for office as a young woman at Running Start‘s Young Women Political Leadership Program
Please contact Atima below if you are interested in having her speak on a panel or give a talk. Below are just some of the topics she covers.
Women in Political Leadership
Preparing to Run for Office
Organizing for Reproductive Rights & Justice
Engaging Millenials in Politics
Engaging Women in Politics