Atima has over 16 years of experience working for political campaigns, PACs, non-profits, and issue organizing. She is also a former candidate for public office and and a successful candidate for national, state, and local political party office. As a result, Atima is an expert speaker on the intersection of politics, gender, and race and has been a frequent speaker and trainer on political participation and leadership for women, people of color, and Millennials.
Atima has spoken on such topics as: women in political leadership, running for office, reproductive rights & justice politics policy, and how gender and race are reflected in popular culture. Atima has given candidate and organizations trainings on political organizing and fundraising to a variety of PACs and organizations
Please contact Atima here if you are interested in having Atima give a keynote, be on or moderate a panel.
Atima has extensive experience with public speaking and training. Some of the places or organizations Atima has spoken in the last few years include:
- Tom Tom Festival (Charlottesville)
- George Mason University
- University of Virginia
- IGNITE National (2017 regional event)
- Netroots Nation (2013, 2016 and 2017 Panels)
- Running Start (Annual Young Women Political Leadership Conference)
- National Organization for Women (2014 National Conference Plenary)
- National Urban League
- The Women & Politics Institute at American University
- North Carolina Federation of Democratic Women
- MOLLI’s List (Missouri Dem Women’s PAC)
In terms of variety of speaking and training over the last few years, Atima has:
- Was moderator and panel organizer on black women’s political leadership at 2017 Netroots Nation Conference
- Was a trainer on running a field operation as a candidate for public office in suburban to rural areas for Vote. Run. Lead’s 2017 National “Run As You Are” Training
- Presented on the history of contraception and black women to the 2015 Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda Conference (image below)
- Organized “After Tiller” and was a panelist for a post-screening discussion at West End Cinema in Washington DC in 2014.
- Spoke 2014 & 2015 panels about running for office as a young woman at Running Start‘s Young Women Political Leadership Program
- Gave a keynote on the importance of young black civic engagement at the 2014 National Urban League Conference
- Moderated panels, gave speeches around the country as Vice President and President of the Young Democrats of America.
Please contact Atima below if you are interested in having Atima give a keynote, be on or moderate a panel.